Fraport SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Fraport, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Fraport to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Fraport is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The article below lists the Fraport SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Fraport SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Fraport, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Fraport looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Fraport :
1. Active on four continents through investments and subsidiaries
2. Strong player with global presence and good service
3. Introduction of new technologies to optimize operating processes
4. Over 50 years of experience in ground handling services
5. Solid EBITDA increase despite downturn in Cargo business
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Fraport SWOT Analysis:
1. Highly dependent on couple of partners for business
2. No visibility in North America and Australia
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Fraport SWOT Analysis:
1. Investment in airports in emerging economies
2. Robust economy of Germany compared to other European nations gives positive outlook for business development
3. Forming strategic alliances and joint ventures are opportunities to maximize profits and gain new business
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Fraport are as mentioned:
1. Economic fluctuations can have considerable impact on economic development of air traffic
2. Rising oil prices can affect development of air traffic
3. Rules and regulations in airport infrastructure development
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Fraport:
1. Abertis Infraestructuras, S.A.
2. Acciona S.A.
3. Aeroporti di Roma S.p.A.
Hence this concludes the Fraport SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Operates Frankfurt Airport, one of the world's most important air transportation hubs
Business which requires transportation and Logistics services
Businesses which requires services in airport management field
One of the leading companies in airport business worldwide
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fraport. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us