Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of MISC Berhad analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In MISC Berhad SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like MISC Berhad to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. MISC Berhad is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The article below lists the MISC Berhad SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the MISC Berhad SWOT Analysis:
For MISC Berhad, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
MISC Berhad Strengths
The strengths of MISC Berhad looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of MISC Berhad :
1. Modern and well-diversified fleet of more than 160 vessels and a combined tonnage of more than 15,000,000 DWT 2. World’s largest single owner/operator of LNG fleet with 29 LNG carriers 3. Third largest owner of Aframax fleet in the world 4. Meticulously equipped and enhanced business processes in accordance to international standards and best practices, and certified ISO 9001:2008
MISC Berhad Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the MISC Berhad SWOT Analysis:
1. Huge financial losses in Liner business 2. Global reach is limited to only few nations when compared with strong players in the sector
MISC Berhad Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in MISC Berhad SWOT Analysis:
1. Aggressive fleet expansion along with rapid growth in business 2. Strategic alliances and acquisitions to increase global reach and services provided 3. Improving expertise of existing workforce
MISC Berhad Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of MISC Berhad are as mentioned:
1. Radical change in the operating dynamics of the industry 2. Slowdown in economy
MISC Berhad Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of MISC Berhad:
1. BW Gas AS 2.A.P. Moller-Maersk 3. China COSCO Holdings Company Limited
Hence this concludes the MISC Berhad SWOT analysis.
Business which requires transportation and logistics services
Businesses which requires fully integrated maritime, offshore floating solutions, heavy engineering and logistics services
Leading international shipping line of Malaysia
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to MISC Berhad. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute