Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Norfolk Southern analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Norfolk Southern SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Norfolk Southern to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Norfolk Southern is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The table below lists the Norfolk Southern SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Norfolk Southern competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
<Don’t paste logo here; send logo of this brand as attachment>
Norfolk Southern Corporation
Transportation and Logistics
One line, infinite possibilities
Extensive intermodal network in eastern North America
Business which requires transportation and logistics services
Businesses which requires transportation of coal, automobile parts, chemicals, agricultural and consumer products
Safest, most customer-focused and successful transportation company in the world
1. Operates over 20,000 route miles in 22 eastern states of US 2. Strong financial performance over the years 3. Leader in the eastern America’s transportation infrastructure 4. Improvement in productive and operating metrics
1. Unresolved lawsuits against the company 2. Increasing debt burden 3. Relatively low global presence when compared with leaders in the industry
1. Increasing traffic volume 2. Increasing demand of coal in US 3. Emerging markets and expansion abroad
1. Significant governmental legislation and regulation over commercial, operating and environmental matters 2. Transportation of certain hazardous materials could create catastrophic losses in terms of personal injury and property damage costs 3. Labor unions, labor agreements, strikes, or work stoppages could
adversely affect operations
1. American Commercial Lines Inc. 2. BNSF Railway Company 3. CSX Transportation Inc
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Norfolk Southern. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute