Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of FirstGroup analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In FirstGroup SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like FirstGroup to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. FirstGroup is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The table below lists the FirstGroup SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top FirstGroup competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Leading transport operator in the UK and North America
Customers which require transportation and logistics services
Customers which requires Services like Local and express bus, intercity bus, franchised rail and tram, school bus
The leading passenger transport operator in the UK and North America
SWOT Analysis of FirstGroup
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of FirstGroup:
1. Strong financial performance over the years 2. Approximately 124,000 employees we transport more than 2.5 billion passengers every year 3. Highly trained staff from drivers to subordinates 4. Recognized as a leading brand name in the UK and North America travel industry for their injury prevention, health and safety working philosophy
5. Strong financial position and good brand reputation
Here are the weaknesses in the FirstGroup SWOT Analysis:
1. Increased cost of operations because of increasing fuel and labour cost 2. Travel industries are expensive and require huge capital outlays and chances of accidents that could be very expensive
Following are the Opportunities in FirstGroup SWOT Analysis:
1. Technology advances can result in cost savings 2. People nowadays using more public transport and offers less private cars because of environment consciousness and increasing fuel prices 3. Mergers and acquisitions to increase customer base
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of FirstGroup are as mentioned:
1. An economic downturn, whether at a global, regional or national level could have a negative impact on the Group’s businesses and the opportunity to grow existing, or win new, contracts. 2. All of the Group’s businesses compete in the areas of pricing and service and face competition from a number of sources 3. Constantly changing safety, equipment, employment, environmental, insurance coverage laws and regulations
Below are the top 3 competitors of FirstGroup:
1. Arriva plc 2. Atlantic Express Transportation Corp. 3. The Go-Ahead Group plc
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to FirstGroup. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute