FirstGroup SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of FirstGroup, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
FirstGroup is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector. The article below lists the FirstGroup SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For FirstGroup, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of FirstGroup looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of FirstGroup :
1. Strong financial performance over the years
2. Approximately 124,000 employees we transport more than 2.5 billion passengers every year
3. Highly trained staff from drivers to subordinates
4. Recognized as a leading brand name in the UK and North America travel industry for their injury prevention, health and safety working philosophy
5. Strong financial position and good brand reputation
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the FirstGroup SWOT Analysis:
1. Increased cost of operations because of increasing fuel and labour cost
2. Travel industries are expensive and require huge capital outlays and chances of accidents that could be very expensive
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in FirstGroup SWOT Analysis:
1. Technology advances can result in cost savings
2. People nowadays using more public transport and offers less private cars because of environment consciousness and increasing fuel prices
3. Mergers and acquisitions to increase customer base
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of FirstGroup are as mentioned:
1. An economic downturn, whether at a global, regional or national level could have a negative impact on the Group’s businesses and the opportunity to grow existing, or win new, contracts.
2. All of the Group’s businesses compete in the areas of pricing and service and face competition from a number of sources
3. Constantly changing safety, equipment, employment, environmental, insurance coverage laws and regulations
Hence this concludes the FirstGroup SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Keeping people moving and communities prospering
Leading transport operator in the UK and North America
Customers which require transportation and logistics services
Customers which requires Services like Local and express bus, intercity bus, franchised rail and tram, school bus
The leading passenger transport operator in the UK and North America
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to FirstGroup. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us