Office equipment consists of stationery as well as the machines present in the office. Stationery are the products that used daily by the employees like staplers, gum, notebook, pins, pen, clip, markers etc. whereas, machines are the big costly instruments used by employees like Xerox machine, printer, scanner, pen drive, monitor, computer, table, chair etc.
Stationery products are also known as office supplies. There are many varieties of office suppliers, they are:
• Blank sheets: A3, A4, A2
• Labels: sticky notes, name tags.
• Chemical product: gum, tape
• Mechanical product: stapler, clips, paper punching machine etc.
• Furniture: chair, table, board etc.
• Education items: books, pens, CDs etc.
• Network tools: routers, access point, Ethernet etc.
• Food and other items: water, tea, sugar, tissue paper etc.
• Educational books and CD or DVDs
Apart from stationery, one large portion of office equipment also include valuable goods which can be categorized as follows:
• Big equipment: printers, scanner, photocopy.
• Food machines: vending machines, coffee machine etc.
• Small electronics goods: pen drives, hard drives, CD.
• Accessories: Cartridges, telephone etc.
In finance, these office equipment are given two kinds of treatment while entering into the balance sheet. The stationery products are treated as if they are completely used up in the financial year. The equipment other than stationery products are long term assets for the firm. So the value of these products depreciate as year passes.
Hence, this concludes the definition of Office Equipment along with its overview.
This article has been researched & authored by the Business Concepts Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse the definition and meaning of more similar terms. The Management Dictionary covers over 2000 business concepts from 5 categories.
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us