Employee training is a program that is designed to increase the technical skills, knowledge, efficiency, and value creation to do any specific job in a much better way. Employee training program is periodical and given at regular intervals, it is never continuous. Employee training increases the needed skill set and helps in development of an employee as well as overall growth of the organization.
Employee training is necessary to keep the employees updated with the latest trends and technologies that are needed to survive in this competitive environment. Employee training is equally essential for the new as well as the old employees. It allows the new employees to get familiar with their jobs and enhance their job related skills and knowledge. Training can be costly to the company both in terms of the time and money. Following are few of the benefits of the employee training such as increased efficiency, broader value creation opportunities, better dealing between different departments, increased employee loyalty.
Employee training is usually given by a professional or an expert in any particular field or sector and is part of the overall training and development program of an organization. It is needed by every employee at work and different stages of work. It is necessary in improving the quality of work of employees across different levels in an organization. Employee training is also needed when an employee is moved from one assignment to another job location of different nature. The employee can be provided the insights about the new assignment, new environment and its organizational dimensions.
1. Decreased Accidents- If the employee is trained there are less chances of any errors or accidents on the job.
2. Better Productivity- Training of the employees enhances their productivity as well as their efficiency.
3. Improved employee morale- Training increases the job security as well as the job satisfaction of the employee, which eventually results in lesser absenteeism and job turnover.
4. Declined Supervision- A trained employee is well aware of duties and responsibilities and will need less of supervision, which will result in less wastage of efforts and time.
5. Probability of Promotion- Training equips employees with better skills and knowledge which makes them more eligible for promotions.
Hence, this concludes the definition of Employee Training along with its overview.
This article has been researched & authored by the Business Concepts Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse the definition and meaning of more similar terms. The Management Dictionary covers over 2000 business concepts from 5 categories.
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us