Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2016
What is Virtual HR?
Virtual Human Resource or virtual HR Management means providing the HR services to employees either by self-service platforms (like websites or kiosks), or by outsourcing the non-core services to some organization to gain competitive advantage.
Virtual HRM is practiced for following reasons:
- To save costs
- To gain competitive advantage
- To share the risk with the outsourced organization
Virtual HR serves the following functions:
- Virtual Recruiting: The organization either outsources a recruiting agency or conducts a virtual job fair including webinars (web seminars) and video interviews to serve the purpose. Virtual recruitment proves to be cost effective and gives instant access to a large pool of candidates
- Virtual Training: Outsourcing a training specialized firm or carrying out a self-analyzed, self-demand based self-development training are the effective ways to conduct this vital business activity
- Virtual On-boarding: Conducting online employee orientation programs to keep flexibility among the company experts’ schedules is the trend these days
Hence, this concludes the definition of Virtual HR along with its overview.
This article has been researched & authored by the Business Concepts Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse the definition and meaning of more similar terms. The Management Dictionary covers over 2000 business concepts from 5 categories.