Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2016
What is Virtual HR?
Virtual Human Resource or virtual HR Management means providing the HR services to employees either by self-service platforms (like websites or kiosks), or by outsourcing the non-core services to some organization to gain competitive advantage.
Virtual HRM is practiced for following reasons:
- To save costs
- To gain competitive advantage
- To share the risk with the outsourced organization
Virtual HR serves the following functions:
- Virtual Recruiting: The organization either outsources a recruiting agency or conducts a virtual job fair including webinars (web seminars) and video interviews to serve the purpose. Virtual recruitment proves to be cost effective and gives instant access to a large pool of candidates
- Virtual Training: Outsourcing a training specialized firm or carrying out a self-analyzed, self-demand based self-development training are the effective ways to conduct this vital business activity
- Virtual On-boarding: Conducting online employee orientation programs to keep flexibility among the company experts’ schedules is the trend these days
This article has been researched & authored by the Business Concepts Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse the definition and meaning of more similar terms. The Management Dictionary covers over 2000 business concepts from 5 categories.