Published in Marketing and Strategy Terms category by MBA Skool Team
What is Nonprofit Marketing?
Nonprofit marketing is a business activity which helps attract volunteers, raise funds & create awareness about social issues. Nonprofit marketing is done for causes for improving the society & environment, and not for generating any revenues or profits. This activity is largely used by Governments, NGOs, environmental groups, social activists etc.
Since there is a constraint on budget for any nonprofit promotion activity, some of key marketing channels used are:
1. Events & social gatherings
2. Street shows by volunteers
4. Blogs & social media
5. Rural camps
6. Case studies
7. Tie-up with corporate enterprises
8. Newspaper & public relations.
Challenges in Nonprofit Marketing
There are many hurdles which a nonprofit company has to face as compared to any regular business. Some of the key challenges are:
1. Limited budget for marketing.
2. Retention of volunteers & donors is a challenge.
3. NGOs can use only cheaper communication channels.
4. Content quality is limited as skilled professionals are employed with private firms.
5. Lack of tools for measuring effectiveness of nonprofit marketing.
Hence, this concludes the definition of Nonprofit Marketing along with its overview.
This article has been researched & authored by the Business Concepts Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse the definition and meaning of more similar terms. The Management Dictionary covers over 1800 business concepts from 5 categories.