SWOT Analysis of United Airlines with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Fly The Friendly Skies
Customer focused, flyer friendly airline
Business, luxury and leisure travelers
High income individuals, corporates houses
Premium airline with high service quality
1. Strong operational network (more than 5000 flights a day to 360 destinations across 6 continents). 2. Strategic Alliances (Founding member of Star Alliance). 3. Strong brand name and recognition 4. Relatively high employee productivity
5. Industry leading loyalty program
6. The company has over 85,000 employees world wide
7. Great customer experience with inflight entertainment and good branding through extensive advertising
1. Weakening financial performance due to continuous losses 2. Heavy dependence on third-party service providers for customer service, maintenance, fueling operations, etc. 3. Direct involvement in 9/11 terrorist attacks was a sad incident 4. Strong Unions are a concern
1. Growing US airline industry 2. US economy back on track for growth 3. Growing global tourism and travel industry
1. Intense competition from low cost airlines offering discounted prices 2. Rising fuel prices is a challenge 3. Persisting risks of recession across the globe
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.