SWOT Analysis of Dettol with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Personal care brand
Be 100% sure
Dettol is the first of its kind in anti-bacterial segment.
People looking for anti-bacterial personal hygiene
All age groups & households especially urban & tier 2 cities
Dettol have always been positioned as a 100% germ fighter with germ fighting and protection as the core value
Dettol SWOT Analysis
1. Dettol’s Germ-kill heritage (brown liquid) is seen as strong and adds on trustworthiness (RTB).
2. Excellent for treating skin irritations, cuts/bruises and seasonal applications.
3. Dettol brand comes from a reputable company with a strong legacy
4. Strong customer brand loyalty of all those using their products 5. Increasing popularity of Dettol soap as a germ killer and hygienic soap 6. Dettol has products like antiseptic liquid, soaps, sanitizers, bodywash etc
7. Strong advertising and marketing campaigns through TVC's, OOH hoardings, print media & online ads
1. Despite excellent product, limited penetration in rural markets 2. Competition from other similar products means stagnant market share for Dettol
1. Leverage the powerful brand equity associated with the Dettol Brand to make it an everyday use proposition. 2. Tie-ups with schools, hospitals, hotel chains etc 3. Better penetration in rural markets and emerging economies
1. Other main players in the antibacterial category can affect market share of Dettol 2. Other emerging players and alternatives available
3. People opting for ayurvedic & natural treatments can reduce business
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.