SWOT Analysis of Dettol with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Personal care brand
Be 100% sure
The first of its kind in anti-bacterial segment.
All age groups
Dettol have always been positioned as a 100% germ fighter with germ fighting and protection as the core value
1. The brand’s Germ-kill heritage (brown liquid) is seen as strong and adds on trustworthiness (RTB).
2. Excellent for treating skin irritations, cuts/bruises and seasonal applications.
3. Brand comes from a reputable (old) company
4. Loyal following of ‘Original’ 5. Increasing popularity of Dettol soap as a germ killer and hygienic soap 6. Has products like antiseptic liquid, soaps, sanitizers, bodywash etc
1. Despite excellent product, limited penetration in rural markets 2. Competition from other similar products means stagnant market share
1. Leverage the powerful brand equity associated with the Dettol Brand to make it an everyday use proposition. 2. Tie-ups with schools, hospitals, hotel chains etc 3. Better penetration in rural markets and emerging economies
1.Other main players in the antibacterial category 2. Other emerging players and alternatives available
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.