SWOT Analysis of John Lewis with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
John Lewis Partnership
Never Knowingly Undersold
Department store with online shopping which includes fashion, homeware, sports and electrical items.
People who have irregular working hours or work shifts
Working class professionals who are fashion conscious and build a brand for themselves
The 'at home' stores are located within pre-existing shopping regions, and focus on Electrical, Home and Technology products
1. One of the most upmarket retail stores in the UK 2. Offers wide range of fashion brands to choose from and also their own brands. 3. Also offers option to shop inline along with international delivery
4. The company has over 35,000 employees
5. The chain is known for its policy of "Never Knowingly Undersold"
1. The range of items offered is limited compared to super-markets which limits the options available to consumers. 2.The prices of items are higher than supermarkets and grocery stores which might limit the target group
1. More young professionals living away from home and are brand and image conscious. Hence their target group is increasing fast. 2. Increasing purchasing power parity leading to improved lifestyles 3. Expand network, product selection and reach to people by opening up more flagship stores and subway brands along the lines of their growth strategy currently being pursued
1. Robbery attempts and other threats lead to high priority security concerns for property loss as also safety of employees working late into the night. 2. Intense competition from corner stores, supermarkets, grocery stores and host of other convenience stores. 3. Competition laws an lack of large scale development space leading to merger of many convenience stores.
1. Marks and Spencer Group plc 2. ASDA Group Limited 3. Tesco PLC
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to John Lewis. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.