NBC International SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 563
SWOT Analysis of NBC International with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Commercial broadcast television and radio network
Leading production and marketing house of entertainment, news, and information products and services
All sections across all demographics
Capture wide audience across all sections
A one stop place for news, entertainment, movies, music etc.
1. NBC offers a diversified portfolio consisting complete media offerings ranging from film, internet, cable TV, publishing
2. NBC has existed since 1939 and has a strong brand name which is advantageous when launching new network channels, forming partnerships etc. 3. Its news & media content is highly trusted by the US audience which it caters to 4. With its acquisition by Comcast, it gives both the options to expand in untapped markets across US
5. NBC owns and operates eleven stations and nearly 200 affiliates throughout US
1. NBC operates in just a single market - US market
2. Due to increased number of networks, the company has experienced drop in revenues in recent time 3. Its inability to utilize its brand name effectively has also been a problem
1. It can expand globally as it is a well-known brand even outside US
2. Partnerships with online companies especially google to launch new initiatives and help expand into other markets 3. Acquisitions to expand its consumer base can also help, it will also help in reducing competition
1. In recent times companies have preferred to spend their marketing revenues on Internet and Social media platforms 2. Loss in revenues incurred by piracy of its channels and illegal streaming over internet 3. Fierce competition in the ad sales and viewership amongst the major TV channels
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to NBC International. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.