Thai Airways SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Thai Airways, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Thai Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector. The article below lists the Thai Airways SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Government of Thailand
Tagline/ Punchline/ Slogan
Smooth as silk
Premium Airline, Upper Middle Class, Middle Class
Passengers Preferring Comfort / reliability
Corporates / Upper Middle Class / Middle Class
1. Strong Backing of Thai Govt
2. Over 60 international and 10 domestic destinations in 35 countries
3. Actively involved in sponsoring sports teams and events to increase its visibility
4. Was awarded as the most hygienic airline and appreciated by WHO
5. Its Royal Silk and Royal First premium classes provide excellent experience and hospitality to its customers
6. Nearly 100 carriers form a strong fleet size
1. Number of international routes are restricted
2. Market share growth is less due to intense competition from other international airlines
1. Developing Suvarnabhoomi Airport as a major hub can be a boost for the airline
1. Rising Fuel Costs
You can suggest changes or add new brands in the BrandGuide section. To contribute, kindly click here.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Thai Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us