Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Singapore Airlines analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Singapore Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Singapore Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Singapore Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Singapore Airlines SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Singapore Airlines competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Singapore Airlines is a pioneer in service excellence
Singapore Airlines STP
Passengers Preferring Comfort / reliability
Corporates / Upper Middle Class / Middle Class
Singapore Airlines shows a comfortable way to travel by air globally
SWOT Analysis of Singapore Airlines
For Singapore Airlines, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Singapore Airlines SWOT Analysis:
Singapore Airlines Strengths
The strengths of Singapore Airlines looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Singapore Airlines :
1. Singapore Airlines is a strong global airline brand with a strong backing from its government 2. Based out of Singapore, it has a good access to Europe, Asia and Australasia 3. Singapore Airlines has a satisfied customer base and is a preferred airline of passengers
4. Singapore Airlines is one of the top airline brands in terms of market capitalisation and number of passengers carried
5. Known for its premium and excellent service and unparalleled customer service and hospitality
6. Excellent branding and marketing has made Singapore Airlines one of the few airlines having very high recall
7. Over 60 destinations in nearly 35 countries across the 6 continents
8. High brand visibility of Singapore Airlines through sponsorship of events
Singapore Airlines Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Singapore Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Relying Heavily on international traffic 2. Increasing competition means market share growth is less for Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Singapore Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Singapore Airlines can tieup with other airlines to increase its business and reach 2. Brand New Fleet to improve customer confidence
3. More international destinations to leverage on its high value brand image
Singapore Airlines Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Singapore Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Rising Fuel Costs can affect margin of Singapore Airlines 2. Government regulations can impact operations 3. Increasing Competition can affect Singapore Airlines' market share
Singapore Airlines Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 13 competitors of Singapore Airlines:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Singapore Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute