Air India SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Air India, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Air India is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector. The article below lists the Air India SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Air India looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Air India :
1. Strong Backing by the government of India is a big boost for Air India
2. Brand New Fleet of aircraft acquired by Air India
3. Air India is known for its unique and high quality "Maharaja" advertising
4. The company has its presence in more than 20+ countries
5. Air India covers approximately 50 destinations in India
6. Good advertising and branding has increased brand value
7. Online ticketing and low prices have increased the sales of Air India
8. The airline offers inflight entertainment, lounge services etc
9. Merging of Indian Airlines in Air India increase the business operations of the airline
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Air India SWOT Analysis:
1. Labour Problems and political intervention is a cause of worry for Air India
2. Financial crisis leading to payment issues of employees
Read more about Air India
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Air India SWOT Analysis:
1. Dedicated set of customers can boost Air India's business. Also, it can leverage on brand new fleet
2. The company can benefit from expansion of routes and international destinations
3. Solving internal issues regarding workforce can hugely boost image and operations
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Air India are as mentioned:
1. Rising Labour Costs can affect Air India's business operations
2. Rising Fuel Costs directly impact the running costs
3. Losing Marketshare due to other carriers can affect business of Air India
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Air India SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Air India
|Air India Overview|
Air India Limited
Your Palace in the Sky
Air India is the oldest Indian international airline
|Air India STP|
Indian international travellers
Corporate, Upper Middle Class
Air India offers premium airline travel from India to other global destinations
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Air India. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us