Korean Air SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Korean Air, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Korean Air is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector. The article below lists the Korean Air SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Korean Air looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Korean Air :
1. Wide market reach in over 45 countries
2. Strong backing of Korean Govt.
3. Involved in many eco-friendly initiatives
4. Has nearly 130 destinations across the world
5. It is amongst the top airlines in terms of passengers carried
6. Its Skypass loyalty program is hugely popular among the passengers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Korean Air SWOT Analysis:
1. Loss of market share to low cost airlines
2. Stiff competition means operations are restricted on certain important routes
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Korean Air SWOT Analysis:
1. Positive outlook towards Korean travel and tourism industry
2. Leverage on Korean Air Aerospace Division (KAL-ASD)
3. More penetration in emerging economies to tap-international flyers
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Korean Air are as mentioned:
1. Rising fuel prices
2. Foreign currency fluctuations
3. Rising labor cost and changing govt policies
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Korean Air SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Korean Air
|Korean Air Overview|
Excellence in Flight
Best Airline in cargo transportation area
|Korean Air STP|
Customers looking for comfort/reliability
Middle class/upper middle class
Premium airlines operating globally
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Korean Air. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us