Air France SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Air France, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Air France is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector. The article below lists the Air France SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Air France looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Air France :
1. Air France is a very well established airline serving 270+ destinations worldwide with a fleet size of over 250
2. Air France has a strong hub at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport
3. Tie-up with SNCF to provide rail services at TGV station in Paris. Travelers can book air ticket, check-in for the flight at the railway station itself
4. Through the mobile site and Air France apps, all major services are available on a smart phone in 9 languages and at no extra charge
5. Good branding and marketing through TVCs print ads and sponsorship
6. Air France has a reach to over 200 international destinations
7. More than 80000+ employees are with the airlines
8. Merger of Air France and KLM has made them a powerful force in the airline industry
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Air France SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth
2. Air France has many subsidiaries and efficiently managing them is becoming difficult
Read more about Air France
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Air France SWOT Analysis:
1. Air France can capitalise on central dual hub-based network
2. Capture European sourced international traffic
3. Use SkyTeam alliance to strengthen margins
4. Improve labour relations via employee ownership programme
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Air France are as mentioned:
1. Short-haul pricing pressure as competition intensifies
2. Persistently high fuel costs can reduce margins of Air France
3. Personnel cost increases despite long-term agreements in place
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Air France SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Air France
|Air France Overview|
Making the Sky the best place on the Earth; France is in the air
Air France has good in-flight entertainment and tie up with rail service in Paris enabling air ticket booking at railway station
|Air France STP|
Upper middle class/Businessmen
Passengers looking for luxury/comfort
Air France services make flying the best experience for customers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Air France. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us