Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Air France analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Air France SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Air France to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Air France is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Air France SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Air France competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Making the Sky the best place on the Earth; France is in the air
Air France has good in-flight entertainment and tie up with rail service in Paris enabling air ticket booking at railway station
Air France STP
Upper middle class/Businessmen
Passengers looking for luxury/comfort
Air France services make flying the best experience for customers
SWOT Analysis of Air France
For Air France, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Air France SWOT Analysis:
Air France Strengths
The strengths of Air France looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Air France :
1. Air France is a very well established airline serving 270+ destinations worldwide with a fleet size of over 250
2. Air France has a strong hub at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport 3. Tie-up with SNCF to provide rail services at TGV station in Paris. Travelers can book air ticket, check-in for the flight at the railway station itself
4. Through the mobile site and Air France apps, all major services are available on a smart phone in 9 languages and at no extra charge
5. Good branding and marketing through TVCs print ads and sponsorship
6. Air France has a reach to over 200 international destinations
7. More than 80000+ employees are with the airlines
8. Merger of Air France and KLM has made them a powerful force in the airline industry
Air France Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Air France SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth 2. Air France has many subsidiaries and efficiently managing them is becoming difficult
Air France Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Air France SWOT Analysis:
1. Air France can capitalise on central dual hub-based network
2. Capture European sourced international traffic
3. Use SkyTeam alliance to strengthen margins
4. Improve labour relations via employee ownership programme
Air France Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Air France are as mentioned:
1. Short-haul pricing pressure as competition intensifies
2. Persistently high fuel costs can reduce margins of Air France
3. Personnel cost increases despite long-term agreements in place
Air France Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 13 competitors of Air France:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Air France. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute