Scandinavian Airlines SAS SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Scandinavian Airlines SAS, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Scandinavian Airlines SAS to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Scandinavian Airlines SAS is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Scandinavian Airlines SAS SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Scandinavian Airlines SAS SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Scandinavian Airlines SAS, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Scandinavian Airlines SAS looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Scandinavian Airlines SAS :
1. Market leader in the domestic market
2. SAS is Europe’s must punctual airline and provides reliable and flexible air travel
3. Has accommodated the fall in passenger demand by increasing capacity and intercontinental travel
4. It has strong links and networks through: the Star Alliance; bilateral relationships with other airlines, like Lufthansa; strong complementary and governmental linkup with airports like CPH.
5. Operates to over 90 destinations with a fleet size of over 180
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Scandinavian Airlines SAS SWOT Analysis:
1. Less presence on social media sites and missing marketing advantages
2. Its operations are more focused towards domestic market thus increasing demand for leisure destinations is being not fully capitalized
3. There is no consistent growth in international market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Scandinavian Airlines SAS SWOT Analysis:
1. Find ways to utilize the SAS football sponsorship in the SAS Legaen. Currently SAS is only present by naming the league.
2. There are many ways to foster links and networks with other constituents within, and outside, the airline industry, whereby SAS sustainable competitive advantage can be improved
3. To lower the operating costs it might be necessary to follow Norwegian’s example of just employing one type of aircraft
4. To lower the dependency on business travelers it might be strategically important to attract other customer segments
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Scandinavian Airlines SAS are as mentioned:
1. Frequent bad press release may affect customers perception about the brand
2. The Danish market is small and hence growth is slow, also increasing presence of foreign players in the domestic market may threaten SAS's market share
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Scandinavian Airlines SAS:
1. Norwegian Airlines
3. Ryan air
Hence this concludes the Scandinavian Airlines SAS SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Scandinavian Airlines SAS Overview|
Service and Simplicity
One of the Largest airline of Scandinavia
|Scandinavian Airlines SAS STP|
Upper middle class
World's most punctual airline
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Scandinavian Airlines SAS. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us