Scandinavian Airlines SAS SWOT Analysis, Competitors, STP & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Scandinavian Airlines SAS analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Scandinavian Airlines SAS SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Scandinavian Airlines SAS to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Scandinavian Airlines SAS is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Scandinavian Airlines SAS competitors and includes Scandinavian Airlines SAS target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Scandinavian Airlines SAS:
1. Market leader in the domestic market 2. SAS is Europe’s must punctual airline and provides reliable and flexible air travel
3. Has accommodated the fall in passenger demand by increasing capacity and intercontinental travel 4. It has strong links and networks through: the Star Alliance; bilateral relationships with other airlines, like Lufthansa; strong complementary and governmental linkup with airports like CPH. 5. Operates to over 90 destinations with a fleet size of over 180
Scandinavian Airlines SAS Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Scandinavian Airlines SAS SWOT Analysis:
1. Less presence on social media sites and missing marketing advantages
2. Its operations are more focused towards domestic market thus increasing demand for leisure destinations is being not fully capitalized 3. There is no consistent growth in international market share
Scandinavian Airlines SAS Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Scandinavian Airlines SAS SWOT Analysis:
1. Find ways to utilize the SAS football sponsorship in the SAS Legaen. Currently SAS is only present by naming the league.
2. There are many ways to foster links and networks with other constituents within, and outside, the airline industry, whereby SAS sustainable competitive advantage can be improved
3. To lower the operating costs it might be necessary to follow Norwegian’s example of just employing one type of aircraft 4. To lower the dependency on business travelers it might be strategically important to attract other customer segments
Scandinavian Airlines SAS Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Scandinavian Airlines SAS are as mentioned:
1. Frequent bad press release may affect customers perception about the brand 2. The Danish market is small and hence growth is slow, also increasing presence of foreign players in the domestic market may threaten SAS's market share
Scandinavian Airlines SAS Competition
Below are the top 3 Scandinavian Airlines SAS competitors:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Scandinavian Airlines SAS. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute