Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Emirates analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Emirates SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Emirates to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Emirates is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Emirates SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Emirates competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Be good to yourself, Fly Emirates; Fly Emirates. Keep Discovering
Emirates is a premium airline serving global destinations
Passengers Preferring Comfort / reliability for air travel
Corporates and Upper Class
Emirates airlines is a premium way of travelling across the globe
SWOT Analysis of Emirates
For Emirates, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Emirates SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Emirates looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Emirates :
1. Emirates has a strong Backing of Dubai Govt 2. Advantage of Being Present in Oil Rich Emirate 3. Strong hub in Dubai gives access to Emirates airlines across Europe and Asia 4. Satisfied Customer and Preferred Airline of Customers
5. Has a strong workforce of over 50,000 employees
6. Emirates airlines has a tremendous reach covering 70+ countries in 6 continents
7. Excellent advertising and branding through TVC, print, online ads
8. Emirates airlines has excelled in customer service, exclusive lounges, inflight entertainment etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Emirates SWOT Analysis:
1. Relying Heavily on International Onward Moving Traffic
2. Intense competition means limited market share growth for Emirates and high cost of maintaining bench-mark standards
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Emirates SWOT Analysis:
1. Brand new fleet of Emirates can be used to improve the customer confidence in the airline
2. More international destinations which are popular amongst customers
3. Joint Ventures and alliances with international players can give more business to Emirates airlines
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Emirates are as mentioned:
1. Increasing Competition in Middle East Market can affect business of Emirates airlines
2. Increasing fuel costs has impact on margins
3. Changing Govt policies and regulations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 13 competitors of Emirates:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Emirates. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute