Fiat SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Fiat, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Fiat to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Fiat is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Fiat SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Fiat SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Fiat, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Fiat looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Fiat :
1. Joint venture operations are found in Italy, France, Turkey, India, Pakistan, China, Serbia and Russia.
2. It has over 130,000 employees globally and has production capacity of over 2 million cars a year
3. Fiat was the world's ninth largest carmaker and the largest in Italy
4. Fiat has formed a joint venture with India's TATA Motors and China's Chery motors.
5. Fiat has various brands associated with it like Ferrari, Masserati, Alpha Romeo
6. The brand has good advertising and marketing through print media, TV, online ads etc
7. The company manufactures close to 1.5 million car units every year
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Fiat SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share as compared to other big car brands
2. Fiat has not been able to become a leading car player in emerging economies
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Fiat SWOT Analysis:
1. FIAT can focus on developing hybrid cars and fuel efficient cars for the future
2. Tapping emerging markets across the world and building a global brand
3. Fast growing automobile market can be an opportunity
4. More advertising and focus on services can help Fiat tap newer geographies
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Fiat are as mentioned:
1. Government policies for the automobile sector across the world
2. Ever increasing fuel prices can lead to reduction in car sales
3. Intense competition from global automobile brands can reduce FIAT's market share
4. Substitute modes of public transport like buses, metro trains etc
5. Groundbreaking innovations challenge existing excellence in production
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Fiat:
1. Honda Motors
2. Ford Motor Company
3. Toyota Motor Corporation
8. Tata Motors
9. Skoda Auto
12. Hyundai Motors
Hence this concludes the Fiat SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Simply More; Driven by passion. FIAT
Fiat offers elegant, unique design and affordable global luxury brand of cars
Complete automobile segment including hatchbacks, sedans & SUV’s
Young executives from the upper-middle income bracket
Fiat is an automobile company which gives you the passion of driving
|Fiat Product Portfolio|
1. Fiat Linea
3. Fiat Punto
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Fiat product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fiat. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us