Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 24, 2021
SWOT analysis of Mercedes Benz analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mercedes Benz SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mercedes Benz to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Mercedes Benz is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Mercedes Benz SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Mercedes Benz SWOT Analysis:
For Mercedes Benz, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Mercedes Benz Strengths
The strengths of Mercedes Benz looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mercedes Benz :
1. Mercedes Benz has a strong brand value and global leader in premium cars
2. Mercedes is a financially strong company and hence invests huge money in manufacturing & brand building
3. Leader in innovation i.e. 1st to introduce diesel engines, fuel injection and anti locking brakes
4. The company allocates billions of dollars for R&D
5. Strong presence in motor sport under McLaren Mercedes in Formula 1
6. The cars are manufactured and assembled in over 20 countries across the world
7. Mercedes holds patents on the majority of safety features which are present for the safety of the customers
8. The company has a significant presence in sports & motorsports through sponsorships & participation respectively
9. Mercedes is a pioneer in advertising and marketing & creates brand awareness through TVCs, print media, OOH and online ads
10. The company is a leader in innovation and is responsible for internal combustion engine, air bags etc.
11. Mercedes has also invested in electric & hybrid cars for producing environmental friendly luxury automobiles
12. Self-driving or driverless cars are also under built by the company
Mercedes Benz Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Mercedes Benz SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth for Mercedes
2. Being a global car brand, even minute issues are blown out of proportion, which affect the brand adversely
Mercedes Benz Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Mercedes Benz SWOT Analysis:
1. Mercedes can focus on developing hybrid cars and fuel efficient cars for the future
2. Tapping emerging markets across the world and building a global brand
3. Fast growing luxury automobile market & increased income can be an opportunity for Mercedes Benz
4. The brand's strong presence can be leveraged to acquire more customers
Mercedes Benz Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mercedes Benz are as mentioned:
1. Government policies for the automobile sector, economic recession & pandemics can affect its business across the world
2. Ever increasing fuel prices can redefine the way people want to travel & use public transport
3. Intense competition from global automobile brands can affect the business
Mercedes Benz Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 11 competitors of Mercedes Benz:
Mercedes is the global top-of-the-mind premium automobile brand
Mercedes Benz STP
Luxury automobile segment including sedans & SUV’s
Business professional form the higher income group
Mercedes Benz is the best premium car in the world
Mercedes Benz Product Portfolio
1. Mercedes Benz C Class
2. Mercedes Benz E Class
3. Mercedes Benz GL Class
4. Mercedes Benz M Class
5. Mercedes Benz S Class
6. Mercedes Benz SL Class
7. Mercedes Benz SLK Class
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Mercedes Benz product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mercedes Benz. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute