Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 01, 2021
SWOT analysis of Mitsubishi Motors analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mitsubishi Motors SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mitsubishi Motors to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Mitsubishi Motors is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Mitsubishi Motors SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Mitsubishi Motors competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Wake up and drive; Driven to thrill; Love that car; Pursuing the Origins of Car Engineering
Mitsubishi motors is a part of one of the biggest industrial groups in Japan with strong presence in automobiles and good financial position
Mitsubishi Motors STP
Complete automobile segment including hatchbacks, sedans & SUV’s
Young executives from the upper-middle income bracket
Mitsubishi offers a car which you will love as it gives you thrill and comfort
Mitsubishi Motors Product Portfolio
1. Mitsubishi Eclipse
2. Mitsubishi Lancer
3. Mitsubishi Pajero
4. Mitsubishi Outlander
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Mitsubishi Motors product portfolio.
SWOT Analysis of Mitsubishi Motors
For Mitsubishi Motors, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Mitsubishi Motors SWOT Analysis:
Mitsubishi Motors Strengths
The strengths of Mitsubishi Motors looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mitsubishi Motors :
1. Mitsubishi is one of the most popular brands in the automobile industry with excellent advertising and brand presence
2. Wide range of products from sedans to SUVs to hatchbatcks to motorsports offered by Mitsubishi motors
3. The Corporation has seven vehicle manufacturing facilities in five countries, Japan, Netherlands, Philippines, Thailand, United States and Brazil
4. Has over 30,000 employees in the company
5. Mitsubishi motors is a global brand having a wide geographic reach with strategic alliances
6. Good advertising and branding of the car company
7. Mitsubishi also manufactures commercial vehicles and trucks along with cars
8. The company has developed electric cars, which have been received very well in the market
Mitsubishi Motors Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Mitsubishi Motors SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition from automobile brands means limited market share growth for Mitsubishi cars
2. The company was affected by the Asian crisis and alleged fuel mileage issue
Mitsubishi Motors Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Mitsubishi Motors SWOT Analysis:
1. Developing hybrid cars and fuel efficient cars for the future can boost Mitsubishi's business
2. Tapping emerging markets across the world and building a global brand
3. Fast growing automobile market can be tapped
4. Tie-up with leading automobile manufacturers can help Mitsubishi capture a new market
Mitsubishi Motors Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mitsubishi Motors are as mentioned:
1. Government policies for the automobile sector across the world
2. Ever increasing fuel prices can lead to decline in sale of cars
3. Intense competition from global automobile brands can reduce Mitsubishi's business
4. Substitute modes of public transport like buses, metro trains etc.
Mitsubishi Motors Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Mitsubishi Motors:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mitsubishi Motors. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute