Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Continental Tyres analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Continental Tyres SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Continental Tyres to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Continental Tyres is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The table below lists the Continental Tyres SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Continental Tyres competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
2-wheeler-bicycle & motorbikes; 4-wheeler-cars & vans; commercial vehicles-trucks and buses; heavy equipment industry
Renowned company, big product portfolio
SWOT Analysis of Continental Tyres
Continental Tyres Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Continental Tyres:
1. Company has large product portfolio. 2. It’s a 140 year old company and is in true sense a global company with markets in Africa, Europe, America, Asia and Australasia 3. Company is acquiring companies in Malaysia and Modi Tires in India thereby showing its intentions of expanding in emerging economies of the world.
4. Sponsors of FIFA World Cup and other major global sporting events
Continental Tyres Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Continental Tyres SWOT Analysis:
1. Not much visible in India & a few emerging countries 2. Have to deal with poor economic conditions in Japan, US and European economies.
Continental Tyres Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Continental Tyres SWOT Analysis:
1.Have an excellent opportunity in emerging economies. 2. Need to position and communicate their stand on being eco-friendly and sustainable.
Continental Tyres Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Continental Tyres are as mentioned:
1. There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands.
2. Japanese and US economies are not growing much and have reached a maturity phase. 3. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels. 5. Volatility of raw material prices and Fluctuation of exchange rates.
Continental Tyres Competition
Continental Tyres Competitors
Below are the top 8 competitors of Continental Tyres:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Continental Tyres. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute