Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lotus analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lotus SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lotus to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lotus is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The table below lists the Lotus SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Lotus competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
True driving enthusiasts rather than the rich & affluent
Lotus Target Market
The young nouveau rich driving enthusiasts
For the true driving enthusiasts
SWOT Analysis of Lotus
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lotus:
1. Handling Characteristics 2. Lotus Engineering has facilities in the UK, US, Malaysia and China. 3. Light weight design, which gives a good power to weight ratio at comparatively low power 4. Hand built, thus assuring very high precision & care in manufacturing
5. Strong presence in motor sport and Formula One
6. Marketing to apparel merchandising to increase brand reputation
Here are the weaknesses in the Lotus SWOT Analysis:
1. Dependence on other manufacturers to design engines and accessories 2. Brand presence and penetration is restricted to a few countries
Following are the Opportunities in Lotus SWOT Analysis:
1. Its F1 team has done well recently; they can use to improve their brand image 2.It can relocating or add a production facility in Asia where the cost of production can be brought down drastically, thus increasing the margins 3.It can look to enter & building its brand in the emerging markets like India
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lotus are as mentioned:
1. In case it gets in cash flow trouble it may not be able to revive itself 2.Its market share can be taken by the European manufacturers 3. People are increasingly preferring eco-friendly & more practical cars rather than cars for pleasure 4. Macro-economic factors that are against consumption of luxury goods
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lotus. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute