Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of SEAT Automobiles analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SEAT Automobiles SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like SEAT Automobiles to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. SEAT Automobiles is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the SEAT Automobiles SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the SEAT Automobiles SWOT Analysis:
For SEAT Automobiles, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
SEAT Automobiles Strengths
The strengths of SEAT Automobiles looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of SEAT Automobiles :
1. Founded in 1950, currently owned by the Volkswagen Group 2. Maker of youthful & sporty cars 3. Wide geographical presence 4. In year 2000 sold over 500,000+ cars worldwide
5. Also had presence in the motorsports
6. The brand is widely associated in sponsoring major global sporting events as well
7. Good brand presence and awareness across Europe
SEAT Automobiles Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the SEAT Automobiles SWOT Analysis:
1. Currently not profitable and may be sold by Volkswagen or discontinued 2.Not present in the emerging markets where there is high growth opportunity 3.There is a possibility of clash of cultures as the company is primarily Spanish with the parent being German
SEAT Automobiles Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in SEAT Automobiles SWOT Analysis:
1. They can enter emerging markets for higher growth 2.The Volkswagen Group is less levered compared to its peers like Fiat, thus Volkswagen can put in more money in Seat for development & expansion 3.It can still expand in the “Ecomotive” range to include more products in the range
SEAT Automobiles Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of SEAT Automobiles are as mentioned:
1.The global macro-economic scenario 2. Lack of electric/hybrid vehicles in their offering 3. Aggressive growth plans by the Korean & Japanese counterparts
SEAT Automobiles Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of SEAT Automobiles:
Strong brand backing of automobile giant Volkswagen group
SEAT Automobiles STP
Passenger car segment
Middle and upper middle class individuals
Passenger cars for the entire family
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SEAT Automobiles. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute