Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of DBS Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In DBS Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like DBS Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. DBS Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the DBS Bank SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top DBS Bank competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Corporate, SME and private individuals in need of financial services and advisory
An Asian bank offering full range of financial services
SWOT Analysis of DBS Bank
DBS Bank Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of DBS Bank:
1. Strong market position in Singapore and Hong Kong 2. Diversified products and offerings will help in generating revenue 3. Awarded the ‘Best Bank in Singapore’ and ‘Safest Bank in Asia’ by Global Finance 4. Serving over 4 million customers and presence in 15 countries
5. Dividend yield considerably high when compared to industry and sector scores 6. Close to 20,000 employees work for DBS Bank
DBS Bank Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the DBS Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Highly skewed presence within the Asian markets & low penetration in Europe and Americas 2. Major chunk of the revenue comes from consumer banking, treasury and asset management, less revenue comes from the other offerings
DBS Bank Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in DBS Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Positive outlook of the asset management industry 2. Growth of retail savings and investments in Asia pacific 3. High opportunity to expand into developing countries like India through acquisitions
DBS Bank Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of DBS Bank are as mentioned:
1. Uncertainty in the current Asian and world financial markets will affect the business 2.Increasing competition from European and American banks will affect the bank 3. Liquidity regulations can affect the bank
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to DBS Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute