Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of DBS Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In DBS Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like DBS Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. DBS Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the DBS Bank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the DBS Bank SWOT Analysis:
For DBS Bank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
DBS Bank Strengths
The strengths of DBS Bank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of DBS Bank :
1. Strong market position in Singapore and Hong Kong 2. Diversified products and offerings will help in generating revenue 3. Awarded the ‘Best Bank in Singapore’ and ‘Safest Bank in Asia’ by Global Finance 4. Serving over 4 million customers and presence in 15 countries
5. Dividend yield considerably high when compared to industry and sector scores 6. Close to 20,000 employees work for DBS Bank
DBS Bank Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the DBS Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Highly skewed presence within the Asian markets & low penetration in Europe and Americas 2. Major chunk of the revenue comes from consumer banking, treasury and asset management, less revenue comes from the other offerings
DBS Bank Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in DBS Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Positive outlook of the asset management industry 2. Growth of retail savings and investments in Asia pacific 3. High opportunity to expand into developing countries like India through acquisitions
DBS Bank Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of DBS Bank are as mentioned:
1. Uncertainty in the current Asian and world financial markets will affect the business 2.Increasing competition from European and American banks will affect the bank 3. Liquidity regulations can affect the bank
DBS Bank Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of DBS Bank:
Corporate, SME and private individuals in need of financial services and advisory
An Asian bank offering full range of financial services
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to DBS Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute