JP Morgan Chase SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of JP Morgan Chase, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like JP Morgan Chase to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. JP Morgan Chase is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the JP Morgan Chase SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the JP Morgan Chase SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For JP Morgan Chase, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of JP Morgan Chase looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of JP Morgan Chase :
1. JP Morgan has a strong brand name and good financial position
2. JP Morgan has a global presence and employs over 250,000 around the world
3. It offers excellent services for customers through extensive retail network
4. Good brand visibility in the B2B segment across various sectors
5. JP Morgan is one of the largest bank in US in terms of sales, market value, assets and profits
6. It has services including banking, credit cards, asset management, mutual funds, loans etc.
7. The company has expertise in consumer banking, investment banking, commercial banking & asset management
8. In the consumer segment, the brand has also invested in sponsoring several global sporting events and teams
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the JP Morgan Chase SWOT Analysis:
1. Stiff competition from other financial service providers leads to low market share growth
2. Being a global brand, JP Morgan has faced man law suits over the years
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in JP Morgan Chase SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion of services in other countries can help JP Morgan grow
2.Diversifying portfolios for mass customers can be one of business opportunities for the brand in the B2C segment
3. Investments across the world in many projects can help the company diversify their revenue
4. Commercial banking, acquisitions and JVs can help JP Morgan grow its business globally
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of JP Morgan Chase are as mentioned:
1. Changing govt regulations and financial crisis like recessions can impact the business of JP Morgan
2. Unstable mortgage market can cause losses
3. Increasing presence of other leading global banks and financial institutions can impact the business of JP Morgan
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of JP Morgan Chase:
3. Wells Fargo
Hence this concludes the JP Morgan Chase SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|JP Morgan Chase Overview|
JP Morgan Chase & Co.
The right relationship is everything
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an American multinational banking corporation of securities, investments and retail
|JP Morgan Chase STP|
Enterprise and Individuals who are seeking financial help and advice
Large enteprises and rich individual investors
An institution which builds relations with its customers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JP Morgan Chase. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us