Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Danaher analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Danaher SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Danaher to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Danaher is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the Danaher SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Danaher SWOT Analysis:
For Danaher, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Danaher looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Danaher :
1. Operates in about 50 companies employing more than 63,000 employees 2. Industrial diversity and unique products 3. Successful inorganic growth strategy – have acquired more than 400 companies
4. High Customer loyalty
5. Strong Management and high expertise
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Danaher SWOT Analysis:
1. High level of indebtedness may affect financial flexibility – total debts are a concern 2.Relatively less penetration outside USA as substantial revenue comes only from US
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Danaher SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisitions to strengthen industrial technologies and diagnostics businesses 2. Growing laboratory instruments market with consistent expected growth rate 3. Product and services expansion to industrial analyzers and the likes
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Danaher are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition may lead to pricing pressure from established regional and global competitors 2. Changes in healthcare and related industries for example reduction in amount of funding and reimbursements to customers by the government 3. Lower cost competitors or imports from counterfeit production companies
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Danaher:
“Driving innovation across the nation”; “Experience Gendex”
Technology leaders with quality, integrity and compliance
Life sciences and diagnostics, test and measurement, industrial technologies, environmental and dental
Scientists, laboratories, diagnostic centers, universities, medical schools; Telecommunication companies, packaging industries; Defense agencies; Commercial vehicle manufacturers; Water treatment plants; Dentists;
Innovative products for highly specialized sectors
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Danaher. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute