Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Philips analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Philips SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Philips to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Philips is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Philips competitors and includes Philips target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Improving people’s life through meaningful innovation
Consumer lifestyle, healthcare and lighting
Philips Target Market
Users of domestic appliances like TV, video games; Users of kitchen appliances; healthcare industry users of imaging systems, patient care and clinical informatics; Industry and domestic users of light;
Trusted brand committed to quality and innovation
Philips SWOT Analysis
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Philips:
1. Subsidiaries in more than 100 countries with more than 120,000 employees 2. Operates around 110+ production facilities
3. Has a very strong R&D portfolio, with 7 active R&D centers across the globe
4. Market leadership and strong brand equity - market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions with consistent growth rate in emerging market
5. Aligning operations with market conditions to increase productivity - Philips focused on de-layering its management structure to increase speed of execution and lower operating costs, resulted in improvement in efficiency
6. Customer loyalty is high for consumer electronics made by Phillips
Here are the weaknesses in the Philips SWOT Analysis:
1. Legal tangles tarnish brand image – With over 50 class action anti-trust complaints resulting in investigation against Philips like Lite-on digital solution, CRT division 2. Highly competitive market in electronic appliances from both local and international brands 3.Higher price quotient compared to competitors
Following are the Opportunities in Philips SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth through the inorganic route is key to Philips 2. Increasing demand for sustainable and green lighting products 3. Growing presence in emerging markets like India and China
4. Push from various government and environmental activists for greener products indirectly promoting the products of Philips
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Philips are as mentioned:
1. Highly competitive business environment 2. Counterfeit goods - a major threat to manufacturers of branded electronics 3. Environmental and other government regulations
4. Exchange rate fluctuations
5. Availability of cheaper technology in local markets
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Philips. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute