GE General Electric SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of GE General Electric analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In GE General Electric SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like GE General Electric to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. GE General Electric is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the GE General Electric SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top GE General Electric competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
We make things that very few in the world can, but that everyone needs
GE General Electric STP
Finance, Energy infrastructure, Aviation, Healthcare, Home & Business solution and Transportation
Blue chip companies, Government agencies, Retail consumers
The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges
SWOT Analysis of GE General Electric
For GE General Electric, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the GE General Electric SWOT Analysis:
GE General Electric Strengths
The strengths of GE General Electric looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of GE General Electric :
1. Aviation, consumer electronics, motors, energy, finance, gas, healthcare, lighting, oil, software etc form a part of its diversified product portfolio 2. Extensive R&D capabilities with a strong workforce of over 300,000 people worldwide
3. Well balanced revenue stream among different sectors and hence reduced business risk
4. Operates in more than 160 companies
5. It is hailed as one of the most innovative, green and best places to work
6. More than 50% of its business is outside US. Hence a great balanced business revenue model
GE General Electric Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the GE General Electric SWOT Analysis:
1. Dependence on third parties for raw materials can be a concen 2. Being a strong brand, easily targeted for litigation for even minor issues which otherwise can be easily resolved
GE General Electric Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in GE General Electric SWOT Analysis:
1. Global aquisitions and buyouts to strengthen existing businesses 2. Growing demand for commercial airplanes 3. New pipeline of contracts to boost top line growth
4. Emerging economies give a huge scope provided the infrastructure required to build complete cities
GE General Electric Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of GE General Electric are as mentioned:
1. Strict govt policies and environmental regulatory norms can affect operations 2. Since it is a powerful global brand, economic and political risks 3. Increased IT security threats can cause issues
4. Fluctuating currencies and economic recessions can affect global businesses severely
GE General Electric Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of GE General Electric:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to GE General Electric. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute