Harman International SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Harman International analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Harman International SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Harman International to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Harman International is one of the leading brands in the consumer electronics sector.
The article below lists the Harman International SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Harman International SWOT Analysis:
For Harman International, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Harman International Strengths
The strengths of Harman International looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Harman International :
1. Diverse product portfolio with strong brands in each product category .Ex JBL , Soundcraft 2. Caters to both Rich and Middle class people so revenue generation is stable 3. Continuous innovation helps it to stay ahead of the competition 4. Majority of the world's luxury cars are equipped with Harman's premium audio and infotainment systems
5. Over 25,000 people are employed in the organization
6. Acquisition of smaller companies have significantly strengthened its presence
7. Some of its products are market leaders in their respective categories like JBL
Harman International Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Harman International SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition and duplicate replicas affect the brand and margins
2. Low profitability because of competition from other big players(both branded and un-branded)
Harman International Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Harman International SWOT Analysis:
1. Innovative photorealistic 3D navigation, communications & driver assistance systems can help it in the long run 2.Technology which calculates the most fuel-efficient route will be in great demand if it proves to be accurate
3. Mobile music revolution offers an opportunity to increase revenues
Harman International Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Harman International are as mentioned:
1. Highly competitive market with cheap Chinese products flooding in 2. A lot of substitutes are available
3. Fluctuating global economies can affect business operations
Harman International Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Harman International:
Helps creating great lifestyle experiences for today's connected generation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Harman International. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute