Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Panasonic analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Panasonic SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Panasonic to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Panasonic is one of the leading brands in the consumer electronics sector.
The article below lists the Panasonic SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Panasonic competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Panasonic has depth and diversity of its research capabilities, manufacturing expertise, high quality and sophisticated products
Electronics Semiconductors and Home appliances
Upper middle and upper class individuals
Panasonic has the most desirable 3D TVs on the market due to their high quality at a reasonable price
SWOT Analysis of Panasonic
For Panasonic, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Panasonic SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Panasonic looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Panasonic :
1. Panasonic is a leader in technological innovations and product development capabilities
2. Panasonic is a leading market position garnered on strongbrand equity
3. Broad product portfolio encompassing awide spectrum of consumer electronics
4. Has a strong workforce of over 250,000 people
5. Panasonic is among the top five TV producers and top 20 semi-conductor manufacturers
6. Panasonic brand has excellent top of the mind presence due to advertising and sponsorship of events
7. It is one of the largest Japanese electronics producers, alongside Sony, Toshiba and Canon
8. Strong advertising of Panasonic brand using TV, print, online, billboards etc
9. The company has been actively involved in sponsorship of global events
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Panasonic SWOT Analysis:
1. High leverage combined with revenues and profits decline
2. Panasonic faces intense competition from leaders and also faces trouble from fake replicas
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Panasonic SWOT Analysis:
1. Focus on eco-line products to drive future growth
2. Emerging markets of Asia and Latin America presents business expansion opportunities
3. Growth in semiconductor market can be tapped by Panasonic
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Panasonic are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition can reduce the business of Panasonic
2. Rapid technological changes
3. Competition with black market, parallel import and smuggled goods
4. Things like recession, earthquake and tsunami’s can impact the company’s operations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Panasonic:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Panasonic. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute