Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of TE Connectivity analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In TE Connectivity SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like TE Connectivity to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. TE Connectivity is one of the leading brands in the consumer electronics sector.
The article below lists the TE Connectivity SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the TE Connectivity SWOT Analysis:
For TE Connectivity, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
TE Connectivity Strengths
The strengths of TE Connectivity looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of TE Connectivity :
1. Global leader in passive components – it generated revenues which is significantly larger than many of its competitors 2. Diverse product mix and vertical exposure – offers broad portfolio of products to customers in various industries 3. Presence in 20 countries with over 90 manufacturing units 4. Revenue base spread over vast geographical area
5. Expertise in the field of electronics, components and networking for aerospace, medicine, defense
TE Connectivity Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the TE Connectivity SWOT Analysis:
1. High dependence on automotive and telecommunication industry can be troublesome if there is a slowdown 2.Raw material used is available only in small quantities with specific countries 3. Profits decreased which impacts investor confidence
TE Connectivity Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in TE Connectivity SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth prospects due to acquisition of Deutsche Group – which is a provider of high-performance connectivity solutions in harsh conditions 2. Rising consumer electronics market – this market is supposed to generate revenues better than previous years 3. Rise in global demand for better and faster communication solutions
TE Connectivity Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of TE Connectivity are as mentioned:
1. Risks associated with global, political, and economic relations makes it especially vulnerable due to its wide global presence 2. Environmental laws – it has to comply with different environmental laws and standards in EU, China and the US 3. The electronics market has competition
TE Connectivity Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of TE Connectivity:
Electronic components, communication and network solutions, subsea communication systems
Consumer electronics manufacturers, telecom firms, defence and marine sectors
Brand with a sense of purpose and a focus on sustainability
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to TE Connectivity. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute