Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of ONGC analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In ONGC SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like ONGC to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. ONGC is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the ONGC SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top ONGC competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Making tomorrow brighter; Nibhaye zimmedari bharose se
ONGC is India's biggest oil and gas exploration organisation
Corporates, countries, individuals looking to fulfill energy needs
Enterprises looking for energy for production, people for petrol diesel for vehicles and domestic uses
ONGC is positioned as the future of India's energy
SWOT Analysis of ONGC
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of ONGC:
1. ONGC is Indias largest crude oil and natural gas producer 2. Strong brand name of ONGC company 3. High profit making and high revenues 4. Has over 30,000 employees in its workforce 5. ONGC produces about 30% of India's crude oil requirement 6. Contributes 70%+ of India's crude oil production and 80%+ of India's natural gas production 7. Commemorative Coin set was released to mark 50 Years of ONGC
8. Strong advertising and branding of the company along with recognition from several awards
9. Owned by the Govt of India, ONGC has got a strong financial backing
Here are the weaknesses in the ONGC SWOT Analysis:
1. Being a government organization, slow bureaucratic decisions can reduce efficiency
2. Intense competition means limited market share growth for ONGC
Following are the Opportunities in ONGC SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing fuel/oil prices means higher margins for ONGC 2. Increasing natural gas market 3. ONGC can increase business by more oil well discoveries 4. Expand global export market and have international tie-ups
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of ONGC are as mentioned:
1.Government regulations affects business of ONGC 2.High competition form Indian as well as global oil companies 3.Hybrid and electric cars in the market can reduce fuel consumption
4. Fluctuating crude oil prices can affect the business
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ONGC. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute