Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of LeGrand analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In LeGrand SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like LeGrand to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. LeGrand is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The article below lists the LeGrand SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the LeGrand SWOT Analysis:
For LeGrand, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of LeGrand looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of LeGrand :
1. Strong presence andaccess across various market segments 2. It has invested in fast-growing emerging countries and high-potential subsectors
3. Has high operating margin, among the highest in the sector
4. High investment in R&D has helped it to deliver innovative solutions to its customers
5. Leader in the sector of low-voltage electrical installations and information networks for buildings
6. Large range of products
7. Continual policy of innovation and Strong marketing campaign
8. Solid financial situation to auto finance organic and
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the LeGrand SWOT Analysis:
1.Poor acquisition history
2. Increase in raw materials prices
3. High financial leverage compared to peers
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in LeGrand SWOT Analysis:
1. Sector entry barriers to new-comers in respect to
2. Weak cycles of the sector
3. High-growth prospect of emerging markets
4. Globalization and reduction of costs
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of LeGrand are as mentioned:
1.The financial market illness and the economic deceleration, has significant effect on its revenues 2.LeGrand itself may become a takeover target for large industrial groups
3. Highly regulated electrical sector
4. Environmental legislations on industrial wastes
5. Fierce competition in the sector
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of LeGrand:
A global leader in wiring devices and cable management; They have a complete solution for every project of any type of market
Electric Equipment – Switchgears ,Relays ,Circuits for industrial, residential and commercial markets
Construction companies, Distributors, dealers and builders
LeGrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to LeGrand. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute