Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Parachute analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Parachute SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Parachute to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Parachute is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Parachute SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Parachute competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Appearance and health conscious people of all ages
Women of all ages in both urban and rural population of India & Young and appearance conscious consumer
Parachute promises to make your hair best in the world
SWOT Analysis of Parachute
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Parachute:
1. Parachute is market leader in its category, has a huge loyalty in the urban & rural sections of India
2. Brand has sought to remain relevant and differentiated through a slew of initiatives in packaging & communication like the “weight-test” (proving that pure Coconut oil is heavier than impure oil) 3. Parachute enjoys tremendous equity and trust with every passing generation 4. Is entering the shampoo market with Starz and has a range specifically for the age group of 3-10yrs 5. One of the most recognized and trusted brands
6. Parachute has excellent brand visibility through advertisements on TV, newspapers, magazine, online etc
7. Due to excellent distribution of Marico, the brand is available across supermarkets, groceries etc
8. Brand ambassadors like leading actresses have helped the brand connect with the audience
Here are the weaknesses in the Parachute SWOT Analysis:
1. Innovations like personal massager where available only in select cities and limited quantities 2. Highly competitive market means Parachute's market share is stagnated
Following are the Opportunities in Parachute SWOT Analysis:
1. Parachute can get into skin care by introducing oils for application on the entire body 2. Launch variants that have not only coconut but also other natural ingredients that benefit the hair. This will help fight competition from brands that are not made of coconut but other ingredients like badam, amla, mustard etc.
3. Global expansion can help the brand reach out to a wider audience
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Parachute are as mentioned:
1. Many players are entering the market can affect its business 2. Parachute as a brand is positioned as a coconut oil. Competitor brands are communicating the advantages of using oils that are made of badam, amla, mustard etc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Parachute. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute