Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Hershey’s analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Hershey’s SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Hershey’s to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Hershey’s is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Hershey’s SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Hershey’s competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The Great American Chocolate Bar; The Sweetest Taste on Earth
Offers more than 100 types of different chocolates and chocolate based products
Chocolate based products
Children and adults from the middle and upper middle class
One of the most sought after and tastiest chocolates
SWOT Analysis of Hershey’s
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Hershey’s:
1. One of the oldest and largest chocolate manufacturer of North America 2. Strong brand name and awareness 3. Diversified products and large number of variants in the gum and candy business 4. Strong social and public image through the school for orphan kids, The Milton Hershey school
5.Promotions by contributing in various segments
6. Renowned for its chocolates
7. Unique products, supply chain and technology
8. Customer loyalty through TVCs, online marketing and advertising
9. The Hershey amusement park also adds to the brand credibility
Here are the weaknesses in the Hershey’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth 2.Increased geographic coverage leading to dilution and lesser authority
Following are the Opportunities in Hershey’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Newer innovations and products 2.International expansion can increase business sales 3.Improvements in distribution
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Hershey’s are as mentioned:
1.Intense competition in this category 2. Increasing concerns of health, increasing occurrences of obesity and diabetes 3.Change in consumer tastes
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hershey’s. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute