Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Clairol analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Clairol SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Clairol to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Clairol is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Clairol SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Clairol competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Your Source for Hair color; A totally organic experience; Does she…or doesn’t she?
So natural that it is not noticed that hair is dyed
Hair care for urban women
It is a premium product targeting modern young urban women
Hair color expert
SWOT Analysis of Clairol
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Clairol:
1. Product of a global manufacturer P&G with good distribution networks 2. The scale of P&G provides Clairol a competitive advantage over other brands 3. Very successful brand building over the years has created a positive attitude towards the product 4. Superior technology gives Clairol the upper hand
5. P&G’s investments in advertising
6. It has a variety of products like Nice 'n Easy, Natural Instincts, Perfect Lights, Balsam, Herbal Essences
Here are the weaknesses in the Clairol SWOT Analysis:
1. Shampoo market has low loyalty and consumers switch easily means limited market share 2.Economic downturn hurting consumer spending
Following are the Opportunities in Clairol SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion into newer international markets 2.Dilution of regulations on cosmetics 3.Modern trends where women are open to trying cosmetics in developing countries
4. New product lines
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Clairol are as mentioned:
1.Intense competitions from various brands 2. Changing fashion and tastes of contemporary consumers 3.Volatile costs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Clairol. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute