Nirma Ltd SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Nirma Ltd, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Nirma Ltd is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector. The article below lists the Nirma Ltd SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Nirma Ltd looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Nirma Ltd :
1. Nirma has distribution at over 1 million retailers and approx 300 million consumers
2. Over 14000 employees work with Nirma
3. It has always practiced ‘value-for-money’ strategy targeting the huge Indian middle class market
4. Nirma purchased Searles Valley Minerals Inc., thus making it among the top Soda Ash manufacturer globally
5. Nirma has manufacturing facilities at 6 places in India
6. It has undertaken backward integration into manufacture of Industrial Products like Soda Ash, Fatty Acid, Glycerine, Sulphuric Acid etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Nirma Ltd SWOT Analysis:
1. Market share is limited due to presence of other strong FMCG brands
2. Nirma has limited international presence as compared to other leading FMCG companies
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Nirma Ltd SWOT Analysis:
1. Tap rural markets and increase penetration in urban areas
2.Mergers and acquisitions to strengthen the brand
3.Increasing purchasing power of people thereby increasing demand
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Nirma Ltd are as mentioned:
1. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies
2.FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands
3. Competition from unbranded and local products
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Nirma Ltd SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Nirma Ltd
|Nirma Ltd Overview|
Better Products, Better Value, Better Living
Excellent distribution network across India tapping over 300 million consumers
|Nirma Ltd STP|
Products and services for daily needs
Every Indian household especially the middle class
Value for money products for a better living
|Nirma Ltd Product Portfolio|
1. Nirma Washing Powder 2. Nirma Bartan Bar
3. Nima Soap 4. Nirma Beauty Soap
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Nirma Ltd product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Nirma Ltd. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us