Procter and Gamble (P&G) SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Procter and Gamble (P&G), the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Procter and Gamble (P&G) to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Procter and Gamble (P&G) is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Procter and Gamble (P&G) SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Procter and Gamble (P&G) SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Procter and Gamble (P&G), SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Procter and Gamble (P&G) looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Procter and Gamble (P&G) :
1. P&G has over 300 brands globally which are available in over 180 countries
2. Over 100,000+ people are employed in P&G globally
3. It has around 24 brands which have annual sales over a billion dollars
4. Its brand have a high recall, high visibility due to excellent marketing and advertising
5. P&G has operations in over 80 countries
6. P&G brand has also contributed as sponsors in major sporting and entertainment events
7. Several of its brands like Gillette, Duracell, Ariel, Olay etc. are prominent global brands
8. P&G has been recognized through several awards across brands, sectors globally
9. Sponsorships of lifestyle events, competitions etc. have helped the brand to build a connect with the people
10. Excellent distribution and availability of P&G products through supermarkets, groceries, online etc.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Procter and Gamble (P&G) SWOT Analysis:
1. Fake products sold under the name of their brand name is a big concern for P&G
2. Its products have stiff competition from big domestic players and international brands
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Procter and Gamble (P&G) SWOT Analysis:
1. P&G can tap rural markets and increase penetration in urban areas
2. Mergers and acquisitions can be done to strengthen the brand
3. Increasing purchasing power of people thereby increasing demand
4. P&G can leverage its strong name and powerful brands to diversify into more consumer products
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Procter and Gamble (P&G) are as mentioned:
1. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies can affect the market share of Procter and Gamble
2. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands worldwide
3. Competition from unbranded and local products
4. Since P&G is a global brand, recessions, fluctuating dollar prices, economic crisis etc. can affect its business operations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Procter and Gamble (P&G):
5. ITC Limited
6. Dabur India
Hence this concludes the Procter and Gamble (P&G) SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Procter and Gamble (P&G) Overview|
Procter and Gamble (P&G)
Touching lives improving life
P&G is one of the oldest and most stable consumer products company spread over 180 countries
|Procter and Gamble (P&G) STP|
Products and services for daily needs
Every household especially the middle and upper class
P&G products are used by its customers to improve their lives
|Procter and Gamble (P&G) Product Portfolio|
1. Gillette Mach
2. Oral B
7. Head & Shoulders
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Procter and Gamble (P&G) product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Procter and Gamble (P&G). This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us