Sensodyne SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Sensodyne, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sensodyne to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Sensodyne is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Sensodyne SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Sensodyne SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Sensodyne, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Sensodyne looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sensodyne :
1. Very well accepted in the market and enjoys the trust associated with GSK brand.
2. Testimonial ads from doctors have worked well to strengthen the brand.
3. It created a minor sub-category in toothpaste segment and the only brand available in the category
4. Due to strong parent brand, good distribution and availability
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Sensodyne SWOT Analysis:
1. Not a very strong brand in emerging economies compared to normal toothpaste brands
2. Little more expensive than competitors
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Sensodyne SWOT Analysis:
1. Can leverage on the unique positioning and differentiation it has achieved
2. People are not aware of the special needs for sensitive teeth, create awareness and capture large market.
3. The brand can target kids and youth also since they frequently suffer from such problems
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sensodyne are as mentioned:
1. Not much awareness in the market regarding the effectiveness of the product.
2. Lot of competition in the market from regular toothpaste brands.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Sensodyne:
2. Colgate Sensitive
Hence this concludes the Sensodyne SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
World’s no. 1 sensitivity toothpaste
helps relieves the sensitive teeth problems
Oral care products- toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash and dental floss
Middle and upper class
Recommended by all the dentists worldwide for sensitive teeth
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sensodyne. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us