Vicco Laboratories SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Vicco Laboratories, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Vicco Laboratories to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Vicco Laboratories is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Vicco Laboratories SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Vicco Laboratories SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Vicco Laboratories, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Vicco Laboratories looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Vicco Laboratories :
1. Vicco had built up strong brand equity. Its ad jingle "Vicco Turmeric nahin cosmetic..." will bring instant recall to a large section of Indian consumers.
2. Strong brands in its portfolio; Vicco turmeric cream, Vicco vajradanti powder
3. Significant presence in international markets
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Vicco Laboratories SWOT Analysis:
1. It will have to change its traditional approach to branding to remain contemporary and reach out to young
2. Traditional packaging, branding and advertisements which has led to its brand losing relevance for the today’s generation
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Vicco Laboratories SWOT Analysis:
1. Consumers are becoming more aware about harmful effects of chemicals and gradually shifting towards natural products
2. Related diversification into growing categories
3. With growth in modern retail, it should look into opportunities of how to cater to this channel
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Vicco Laboratories are as mentioned:
1. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies
2. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands and increasing bargaining power of big retailers which could negotiate for better margins
3. Competition from unbranded and local products
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Vicco Laboratories:
Hence this concludes the Vicco Laboratories SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Vicco Laboratories Overview|
Consumer Products, Food & Beverages
Herbal Ayurvedic products
|Vicco Laboratories STP|
Products and services for daily needs
All Indian households especially middle class
Products based on Ayurveda, Indian ancient science and no harmful chemicals
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Vicco Laboratories. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us