Viva SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Viva, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Viva is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector. The article below lists the Viva SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Viva looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Viva :
1. The brand name conveys the malt basis of the formulation and once was synonymous with malt drinks category
2. Communication aptly targets kids by bringing in cartoon characters like Scooby doo.
3. It enjoys the strong distribution network of GSK
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Viva SWOT Analysis:
1. GSK has made it as a flanker brand for Horlicks.
2. Brand has lower brand awareness and association.
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Viva SWOT Analysis:
1. Demographic trends like increasing population and purchasing power favor the consumer healthcare market, thus opportunities for growth.
2. Increasing advertising at the same time engaging in BTL activities to increase penetration
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Viva are as mentioned:
1. Aggressive marketing and promotion by competition
2. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands and increasing bargaining power of big retailers which could negotiate for better margins
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Viva SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
‘Start to a bright and healthy day’
Contains VitaHealth, a combination of 9 essential vitamins and minerals
Health food drinks
Just 2 cups a day give the nourishment to help provide a healthy foundation for life
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Viva. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us