Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 21, 2021
SWOT analysis of Dove analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dove SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dove to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dove is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Dove SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Dove SWOT Analysis:
For Dove, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Dove looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dove :
1. Dove contains 1/4 moisturizing cream which is perceived to be a good attribute for the product 2. Dove has got an excellent market presence owing to string advertising and marketing exercises 3. Flagship product of Unilever with strong brand awareness through advertising and branding 4. Promises not to leave any residue on the skin 5. Dove products are available in more than 80 countries worldwide 6. Apart from soaps, products like bathing gel, shampoos, conditioners, creams, deodorants are also a part of the product line 7. Dove products are available through an extensive supply chain network of Unilever at leading supermarkets, stores
8. The products are available online via the company website or almost all leading ecommerce platforms
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Dove SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition for Dove in the FMCG market means limited growth in market share 2. Targets primarily only the female segment & men's range not very popular
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Dove SWOT Analysis:
1. Can target male audience more purposefully 2. Dove can increasing its reach by further geographic expansion 3. Involvement of students from colleges & tie-up with corporates can open a new opportunity
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dove are as mentioned:
1. Increased Competition in this market segment can affect business of Dove 2. Global business can be affected by government policies and fluctuating economies 3. Fake imitations of the brand can affect Dove's image
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Dove:
Personal Health Care – Soap, Hair Care & Deodorant
Targets women of all ages from the urban households
Dove is committed to help all women realize their personal beauty potential by creating products that deliver real care.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dove. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute