Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Wella analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Wella SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Wella to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Wella is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Wella SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Wella SWOT Analysis:
For Wella, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Wella looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Wella :
1. Strong product development program which enables it to maintain a healthy pipeline of products 2. Strong distribution network with presence in stable and mature markets as well as growing, dynamic markets 3. Innovative, introduced Koleston – the first cream haircolor in the world 4. Support of P&G –benefits from P&G’s extensive distribution network and marketing strengths
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Wella SWOT Analysis:
1. Weak financial performance 2. Usage of chemicals in various hair care products which are taken to be harmful by some customers in the category(for all brands of hair color) 3.High service costs involved
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Wella SWOT Analysis:
1. High growth potential for male grooming products 2. Growth in emerging markets 3.Introduction of new products in its various categories
4. Extending the brand portfolio and at the same time focusing on the segment of higher priced international prestige fragrances
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Wella are as mentioned:
1. Growing demand for private label cosmetics and hair care products 2.Consumer protection issues regarding use of chemicals in various cosmetic products 3.Aggresive competitors and price wars
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Wella:
One of the largest hair care companies in the world
Higher priced segment of the personal care market
Women and men seeking products for hair care and personal care
Sets new trends with its innovative products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Wella. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute