Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Ponds analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ponds SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ponds to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ponds is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Ponds SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Ponds SWOT Analysis:
For Ponds, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Ponds looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ponds :
1. Pond’s has many good quality products which care for and restore the skin’s natural balance 2. Ponds range includes Pond’s Age Miracle, Flawless White, Perfect Results and White Beauty 3. Products are free from any toxic or mercury content 4. Excellent advertising and branding as Pond’s is one of the most recognized brands 5. The packaging of Pond’s products are eye-catching, suitable for its target market
6. Sponsorship of events, beauty pageants etc helps the brand grow
7. Excellent distribution of Unilever helps the brand Ponds reach out to many people
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Ponds SWOT Analysis:
1. Most products have limited packaging sizes, which may be inconvenient for some consumers 2. Intense competition in the cosmetics industry from international brands affects market share growth for Ponds
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Ponds SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion of cosmetics industry into semi-urban and rural areas of the country 2. Targeting audience from all age groups
3. Leveraging the existing brand name of Ponds and Unilever to boost their business further
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ponds are as mentioned:
1. High price for the products can limit potential consumers 2. Cosmetic Care still not a market in rural parts of the world 3. Availability of cheaper products from other brands in the market
4. Fake imitations can affect Ponds business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Ponds:
Ponds: where your real age vanishes; Ponds, for timeless beauty; The miracle is you
Pond’s, has been listening to women’s needs and desires for 150 years and delivering new products customized to their skincare needs
Personal Skin Cream – Range of variant creams
Women with beauty as a priority
Ponds is helping women across the world to help take care of their skin
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ponds. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute