Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 24, 2021
SWOT analysis of Baskin Robbins analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Baskin Robbins SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Baskin Robbins to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Baskin Robbins is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Baskin Robbins SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Baskin Robbins SWOT Analysis:
For Baskin Robbins, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Baskin Robbins Strengths
The strengths of Baskin Robbins looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Baskin Robbins :
1. Baskin Robbins is one of the largest ice cream and cake brands in the world
2. Baskin Robbins hurts more than 2000 outlets spread across USA
3. The company has a strong brand legacy since it was founded in 1946
4. Baskin Robbins has an annual revenue of more than $150 million
5. The brand has stores in more than 50 countries worldwide
6. The company offers ice creams, cakes and frozen desserts
7. Baskin Robbins has a good marketing strategy which includes TVCs, print ads, online ads, social media engagement etc.
Baskin Robbins Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Baskin Robbins SWOT Analysis:
1. The company has intense competition from brands in the same segment which means limited market share
2. Legal issues in the past have affected its brand image
Baskin Robbins Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Baskin Robbins SWOT Analysis:
1. Product innovation and diversification can increase its business by meeting changing consumer preferences
2. Opening franchise shops can increase its market reach and withstand growing competition, both nationally and internationally
3. Extend the brand into other categories which can attract newer customers
Baskin Robbins Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Baskin Robbins are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competitors in premium category as well as in local markets can hurt business of Baskin Robbins
2. Food regulations, international regulations and economic recessions can impact its business
Baskin Robbins Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Baskin Robbins:
Baskin Robbins is known to offer "31" flavors of freshly made ice cream
Baskin Robbins STP
People who love premium quality ice creams
Targeted towards kids, adults and rich families
The world's largest ice cream speciality chain
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Baskin Robbins. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute