Coca Cola SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Coca Cola, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Coca Cola is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector. The article below lists the Coca Cola SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Coca Cola looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Coca Cola :
1. Coca Cola is one of the biggest beverage brands in terms of reach and sales
2. Popular subsidiary brands like Coca Cola, Sprite, Fanta, Kinley, Minute Maid, Schweppes etc. have strengthened the Coca Cola's brand and have diversified the growth across these brands
3. Coca Cola which is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA has a global reach and is present in over 200 countries
4. The company has more than 500 brands on offer across various categories like sparkling, water, coffee, tea, dairy etc.
5. Coca Cola has employee strength of around 1,50,000 people globally including the US, UK and most of the countries around the globe.
6. Strong and efficient supply chain network, ensuring that all the products are available even in the most remote places
7. The financial condition of the brand is always consistently strong
8. Strong brand recall of all Coca Cola products through advertising and marketing by associating with celebrity brand ambassadors
9. CSR activities in the field of water conservation and recycling, education, health etc.
10. Effective and efficient packaging technique giving emphasis on recycling and reusing
11. Coca Cola has long association with international sports events, sponsorships, theme parks etc.
12. Coca Cola has always adapted to changing market conditions e.g. the brand is now moving towards sugar free options, juice, water etc.
13. The company is constantly innovating to safeguard the environment by from using 100% recycled material
14. The Coca Cola Foundation has been instrumental in developing businesses in many countries as it part of the CPG industry world wide.
15. Coca Cola also has diversified into coffee through its acquisition of Costa coffee making it even stronger in its portfolio of beverages
16. It also has brands of teas and dairy in its portfolio.
17. Coca Cola is also trying to explore healthier options
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Coca Cola SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition in the aerated drinks segment from PepsiCo means constant fight over market share for Coca Cola
2. Coca Cola and related soft drinks brands have been linked now with high sugar content and many health concerns are being raised, this becomes a weakness worth looking at
3. Coca Cola does not have a food business unlike its competitors like PepsiCo, it is only limited to beverages as of now
4. Overdependence on 4-5 major brands like Coca Cola, Sprite etc.
Read more about Coca Cola
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Coca Cola SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase its reach in untapped countries and market can boost Coca Cola
2. Market and popularize the less known products
3. Acquiring other companies can strengthen Coca Cola's place in the industry further
4. Diversify its product portfolio by entering into snacks industry to compete with PepsiCo
5. Launching a full fledged health drinks line of business
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Coca Cola are as mentioned:
1. Health consciousness amongst people avoiding aerated drinks can adversely affect Coca Cola
2. Difficulty in complying with different government regulations and norms in different countries
3. Inflation, economic slowdown and instability
4. Strong competition can lead to reduced market share
Hence this concludes the Coca Cola SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Coca Cola
|Coca Cola Overview|
Coca Cola Ltd
Beverages and foods
Taste the Feeling; Open happiness
Coca Cola is the number one beverage brand in terms of sales with more than 500 products at offer
|Coca Cola STP|
Anyone who needs a beverage for any occasion
All age groups across countries
Coca Cola is a beverage brand for the entire family
|Coca Cola Product Portfolio|
1. Coca Cola Coke
2. Diet Coke
6. Minute Maid
8. Costa Coffee
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Coca Cola product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Coca Cola. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us