Gatorade SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Gatorade, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Gatorade to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Gatorade is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Gatorade SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Gatorade SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Gatorade, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Gatorade looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Gatorade :
1. Gatorade is one of the world's leading energy drink based out of USA
2. Gatorade has the strong infrastructure and distribution of its parent company PepsiCo
3. The brand has a wide range of products like energy drinks, protein bars and other sports nutrition foods
4. Gatorade is available in more than 80 countries including USA, UK, Australia, Canada and others
5. The drink was invented by scientists in the year 1965 to provide energy to sports persons
6. The brand has a strong recall owing to good advertising and marketing via TV channels, online ads, digital marketing, print ads etc.
7. Gatorade has invested in sponsoring several sports teams and events globally to increase its reach and visibility
8. The brand has also diversified in wearable fitness trackers for measuring athlete performances and vital stats
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Gatorade SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition in this segment means limited market share and high brand switching
2. Certain institutions have raised health concerns on consumption of instant health beverages
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Gatorade SWOT Analysis:
1. Gatorade can leverage the successful brand Pepsi to expand its reach
2. The brand can focus on more advertising using celebrity endorsements like sports athletes to connect with consumers
3. Diversification into new performance products can help the brand grow
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Gatorade are as mentioned:
1. Threat from other beverages and drinks by competition can impact the business of Gatorade
2. Health conscious people and organizations can often protest against energy drinks, which can impact its brand image
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Gatorade:
1. Red Bull
Hence this concludes the Gatorade SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Obey your thirst; Is it in you; Rehydrate replenish refuel
World’s No.1 Sports Drink
Sportsmen/Youngsters preferring flavored sports drink
Replenishes energy of a sportsman/athlete/young men and women
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Gatorade. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us