Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Darrell Lea analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Darrell Lea SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Darrell Lea to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Darrell Lea is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Darrell Lea SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Darrell Lea competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Anyone who consumes chocolate or other confectionary items
Young kids and families
Fun and tasty chocolate and liquorice for kids
SWOT Analysis of Darrell Lea
Darrell Lea Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Darrell Lea:
1. Iconic brands like Darrell Lea Original Soft Eating Liquorice and iconic Milk Chocolate Rocklea Road 2. Catering through online orders to outside demand in US, Canada etc 3. Brand loyalties among consumers in Australia due to a strong emotional connect with the brand 4. A large product portfolio with over 500 brands
5. The brand is also actively involved with community services
Darrell Lea Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Darrell Lea SWOT Analysis:
1. Closure of all company owned retail stores 2. Operation only within Australia means limited market share
Darrell Lea Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Darrell Lea SWOT Analysis:
1. The new ownership and restructuring undertaken is expected to add to the value and growth of the company 2. To introduce low calorie variants for health conscious consumers 3. To expand into beverages
Darrell Lea Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Darrell Lea are as mentioned:
1. Raising consumer awareness regarding ill-effects of chocolates 2. Emergence of several multi-national competitors 3. Constant innovation makes products obsolete at a fast pace
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Darrell Lea. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute